Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This came from a local recipe pamphlet.
- 4 cups lettuce, chopped
- 1 cup tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, chopped
- 4 1⁄2 ounces sliced ripe olives, drained
- 15 1⁄2 ounces dark red kidney beans, drained
- 1 cup mild cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup salsa ranch dressing or 1 cup salsa, garden dressing
- 1 cup tortilla chips, crushed
- Layer lettuce, tomato, onions, olives, beans, cheese, and dressing in a 3-quart bowl.
- Top with crushed tortilla chips and toss lightly just before serving.
I made this salad just before going to work out and it was a delicious, filling dinner when I came home. I made my salsa ranch dressing with Wishbone Ranch and a jar of salsa and it turned out just right. I love the balance of protein and vegetables with Mexican flavors to bring it all together. What a treat!
Fantastic salad! I had some hamburger I needed to use so I decided to add some taco meat to this salad and so glad I did cause it was fantastic! I shared it with our friends at the lake and everyone really loved it. I used Homemade Taco Seasoning for the taco seasoning for the hamburger and I couldn't find salsa ranch dressing so I used a creamy southwestern salsa ranch dip that I found and I put a layer of sour cream on top of the dip. It was wonderful and a recipe I will be making again. Thanks for sharing the recipe! :)
I have never made or eaten a 7 layer salad before, but I will be making this recipe ALL the time in the future - it was AMAZING! I made it exactly as posted, with an optional 8th layer of creme fraiche on top! An easy to prepare salad, that was FUN to assemble and FUN to eat! Thanks so much for posting this lovely recipe. FT:-)