Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
I like these just with a crusty bun (well buttered)
- 6 medium onions, unpeeled
- 20 g butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 pinch chili powder
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon red capsicum, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 cup corn kernel, drained
- Place onions in boiling salted water and simmer for 10 minutes, Remove and cook slightly.
- Cut the top and the root (do not remove the entire root or it will fall apart) from the onion and peel carefully.
- With a spoon remove centre from the onions.
- Chop centres to make 2 tablespoon of chopped onions.
- Melt butter in saucepan and stir in flour and chilli powder.
- Stir in milk until mixture thickens and boils.
- Add capsicum, cheese, corn and 2 Tbsp chopped onion.
- Season to taste. Spoon filling into the onions, allowing some to spill over the sides.
- Place in a baking dish and bake at 200 C for 30 minutes.