Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is quick, easy and a very colorful corn dish. Years ago a major canning company use to have what they called Mexicalli Corn. Several months ago my wife said she would like some. The stores no longer stocked it, so I set out to duplicate it. This is the results.
- 2 (15 1/4 ounce) cans whole corn
- 2⁄3 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 2⁄3 cup finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons diced onions
- salt & pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Lawry's Seasoned Salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- Melt butter in a medium sauce pan over medium heat Add onions an suatee for 3 minutes.
- Add chopped peppers.Lawery's and Garlic power to pan and suatee for 3 more minutes.
- Drain 1 can of corn and half drain the second can Add corn to pan and reduce heat to simmer Heat until corn is heated through stirring frequently.
This is very good, nice side-dish with any meal. With all of the fresh colorful peppers, this is a step above mexicorn.
this is good almost like a corn relish