Recipe by Roger/OH
This is quick, easy and a very colorful corn dish. Years ago a major canning company use to have what they called Mexicalli Corn. Several months ago my wife said she would like some. The stores no longer stocked it, so I set out to duplicate it. This is the results.
- 2 (15 1/4 ounce) cans whole corn
- 2⁄3 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 2⁄3 cup finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons diced onions
- salt & pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Lawry's Seasoned Salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in a medium sauce pan over medium heat Add onions an suatee for 3 minutes.
- Add chopped peppers.Lawery's and Garlic power to pan and suatee for 3 more minutes.
- Drain 1 can of corn and half drain the second can Add corn to pan and reduce heat to simmer Heat until corn is heated through stirring frequently.