1 hr 10 mins
In the mood for something Mexican and/or cornbread?! This is a delicious combination of both and a real family-pleaser!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (12 ounce) can vacuum packed corn, don't drain
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup sliced ripe olives (optional)
- 1Brown beef, onions, green pepper, and garlic over medium heat.
- 2Drain off any fat.
- 3Add remaining ingredients.
- 4Heat through.
- 5Pour meat mixture into baking dish; I use a 13"x 9" pan.
- 6Make Cornmeal Topping: Mix milk, cornmeal, and salt in saucepan.
- 7Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture thickens.
- 8Remove from heat and stir in cheese and eggs; mix well.
- 9Immediately pour onto beef mixture and spread evenly.
- 10Bake at 375 for about 40 minutes, until golden.
- 11Serve with sour cream and any other of your favorite Mexican garnishes!
Browse Our Top Oven Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mexicali Spoon Bread Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (288 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 501.7
- Calories from Fat 243
- Total Fat 27.0 g
- Saturated Fat 11.7 g
- Cholesterol 170.9 mg
- Sodium 1392.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 6.4 g
- Protein 32.8 g