Recipe by Janae'
I am not sure where I originally got this recipe, but over the years I have altered it to taste just the way my husband likes it.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 6 cups water
- 2 cups salsa
- 1 1⁄2 cups kidney beans, undrained
- 2⁄3 cup tomato paste
- 3⁄4 cup acini di pepe pasta
- 3⁄4 cup sliced ripe olives
- 1 lb cheddar cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 (16 ounce) package tortilla chips
Directions See How It's Made
- In large bowl, mix meat with seasoning mix, shape into 1-inch meatballs.
- In a 4 quart nonstick saucepan, cook meatballs turning frequently, until brown, drain.
- Add water, salsa, beans with liquid & tomato paste.
- Heat to boiling.
- Reduce heat, simmer 10 minutes.
- Return soup to boil, stir in uncooked pasta.
- Boil, stirring frequently, 14 minutes.
- Stir in olives.
- Sprinkle each serving with cheese, top with sour cream.
- Garnish with chips.