1/1 Photo of Mexicali Salsa Chicken
Kat's Mom's Note:
A colorful, tasty and easy dinner. This dish was created on the spot when I was missing ingredients for a favorite recipe. It worked out well so I thought I would share it. Serve over white rice.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Slice chicken breasts into 1/2 inch strips.
- 2Saute chicken in the half of the butter in a large frying pan until cooked through, about 10 minutes.
- 3Set chicken aside to keep warm.
- 4Melt the remaining butter in the frying pan and saute the onions and garlic until onions are translucent, about 5 minutes.
- 5Put chicken back in the pan and add the salsa and corn.
- 6Simmer about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mexicali Salsa Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (294 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 408.1
- Calories from Fat 131
- Total Fat 14.5 g
- Saturated Fat 7.9 g
- Cholesterol 96.3 mg
- Sodium 1293.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.4 g
- Sugars 10.6 g
- Protein 33.1 g