Recipe by Kat's Mom
A colorful, tasty and easy dinner. This dish was created on the spot when I was missing ingredients for a favorite recipe. It worked out well so I thought I would share it. Serve over white rice.
- 1⁄4 cup butter, divided
- 4 -8 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 large onion, diced about 1/2 cup (or more)
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 24 ounces salsa, your favorite flavor & heat level
- 14 1⁄2 ounces corn, drained
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice chicken breasts into 1/2 inch strips.
- Saute chicken in the half of the butter in a large frying pan until cooked through, about 10 minutes.
- Set chicken aside to keep warm.
- Melt the remaining butter in the frying pan and saute the onions and garlic until onions are translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Put chicken back in the pan and add the salsa and corn.
- Simmer about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.