Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe came from my mom. It was probably a Betty Crocker or Better Homes & Gardens original. Unfortunately, I don't know the origin. I prepared this salad for company the other day and it was well received. I thought, "Why am I not sharing it!" The salad dressing can be made a day in advance.
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise, Hellmans, Best Foods
- 1⁄4 cup green onion
- 2 tablespoons chili sauce
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon onion salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 4 drops Tabasco sauce
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, chopped
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can corn, rinsed & drained
- 1 (6 ounce) can black olives, sliced, rinsed & drained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed & drained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can black beans, rinsed & drained
- For the dressing: Combine mayo, green onion, chili sauce, cider vinegar, onion salt, chili powder and tabasco in a small bowl. Whisk to combine. Then refrigerate.
- For the salad: Layer the lettuce, corn, black olives, kidney beans and black beans in a salad bowl.
- To serve: Add dressing to salad and toss to combine.