Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr
This creamy rice bake pepped up with green chiles is ideal with grilled or baked chicken.
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 12 ounces shredded monterey jack cheese (3 cups)
- 3 zucchini, sliced, cooked
- 1 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chilies, drained
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup sliced green onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Layer half of rice in casserole.
- Add half of jack cheese, half of zucchini, half of tomato and half of chilis.
- Repeat layers, except cheese.
- Combine sour cream, onion, green pepper, garlic salt and oregano; spread over layers.
- Top with remaining cheese.
- Bake 45 to 60 minutes.