Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
A different slant on quiche, not your average recipe but spiced up and delicious.
- 9 inches prepared pie crusts
- 6 slices bacon, fried crisp and crumbled
- 4 ounces green chilies, chopped and drained
- 1 cup shredded colby cheese
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup sliced black olives
- 2 tablespoons picante sauce, your choice of heat
- 4 eggs, slightly beaten
- 2 cups low-fat milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- salt and pepper
- Oven at 425 degrees.
- Place pie crust in 9 inch pie plate.
- Sprinkle in bacon, cheese, chilies, onion and olives.
- In large bowl, mix remaining ingredients.
- Pour into pie crust.
- Do not cover.
- Bake 15 minutes, then reduce heat to 300.
- Bake another 30 minutes.
- Test for doneness by inserting knife blade into pie.
- If it comes out clean, then pie is done.
- Remove from oven and let sit 10 minutes.
- Cut and serve.
- I just set oven for 350 and bake 45 minutes.
- I'd check for doneness after 30 minutes.
- If edges start to brown, cover with foil.