Recipe by Calicat
Serve with sour cream and or Guacamole. It's not necessary to use all the seasoning mix.
Top Review by Denise in NH
These were so good and my husband and son both gave it a 5 star rating. I didn't have a 15 oz. can of tomato sauce so I added 2 8oz. cans of tomato sauce that were seasoned with basil, garlic & oregano. I also added two tblsp. of balsamic vinegar to the tomato sauce. I used 3 bone-in center cut chops and the meat was just falling of the bone. Thanks Calicat for an easy and delicious recipe!
- 4 boneless pork loin chops
- oil, for browning
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 4 slices monterey jack pepper cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Sprinkle chops with taco seasoning.
- Use a meat mallet to pound the seasoning into the meat if desired.
- Brown chops in a little oil on both sides over medium heat, about 10 minutes.
- Add tomato sauce and bring to a simmer.
- Cover and simmer 30 to 40 minutes until very tender.
- Remove chops to serving platter.
- Top with cheese.
- Pour remaining sauce over all.