Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
Serve with sour cream and or Guacamole. It's not necessary to use all the seasoning mix.
- 4 boneless pork loin chops
- oil, for browning
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 4 slices monterey jack pepper cheese
- Sprinkle chops with taco seasoning.
- Use a meat mallet to pound the seasoning into the meat if desired.
- Brown chops in a little oil on both sides over medium heat, about 10 minutes.
- Add tomato sauce and bring to a simmer.
- Cover and simmer 30 to 40 minutes until very tender.
- Remove chops to serving platter.
- Top with cheese.
- Pour remaining sauce over all.
These were so good and my husband and son both gave it a 5 star rating. I didn't have a 15 oz. can of tomato sauce so I added 2 8oz. cans of tomato sauce that were seasoned with basil, garlic & oregano. I also added two tblsp. of balsamic vinegar to the tomato sauce. I used 3 bone-in center cut chops and the meat was just falling of the bone. Thanks Calicat for an easy and delicious recipe!
Easy to make, just used a small amount of taco seasoning and added picante sauce to my husbands chops. Next time I will mix tomatoe sauce and picante 1/2 and 1/2. My husband loved them.