Recipe by Happy Hippie
I found this awesome little recipe in a small cookbook I found in a second-hand store entitled "A Taste of Mexico," which contains several recipes shared by home economics teachers from California. I hope you enjoy these hot and spicy little meatballs as much as my family and friends did.
- 2⁄3 cup A.1. Original Sauce
- 2⁄3 cup salsa, La Victoria
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup plain breadcrumbs
Directions See How It's Made
- Blend steak sauce and salsa in a small bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine beef, egg, bread crumbs and 1/3 of the sauce mixture.
- Shape into 32 (1-1/4") meatballs.
- Place in a single layer on a shallow baking dish.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 15 minutes or until meat is thoroughly cooked.
- Drain off excess fat.
- Serve with remaining sauce.