Recipe by Redneck Epicurean
Back when the Brady Bunch wasn't a rerun and families still gathered around a table around 6PM and Mom actually cooked, dishes like this were placed in the center of the table at least once a week. The ultimate 70's casserole, this is tried and true bell bottom food!
- 1 (9 inch) unbaked pie shells, thawed if frozen
- 1 egg
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 (7 ounce) can mexicorn, drained
- 1⁄2 cup saltine crumbs
- 1⁄2 cup chili sauce (cocktail will work in a pinch)
- 2 tablespoons chili pepper flakes (some like it hot...)
- 1 tablespoon instant minced onion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 6 black olives, sliced (optional)
- 6 slices bacon, fried crisp and crumbled (optional)
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Beat the egg slightly in a mixing bowl. Add ground beef, corn, cracker crumbs, chili sauce, pepper flakes, onion, and oregano. Mix well. Press mixture firmly into the pastry-lined pie plate. Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Mix together in a bowl the topping ingredients. Spread on the filling. Top with olives and bacon.
- Bake an additional 5 minutes or until the cheese melts.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.