Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This recipe is great served plain, but the boneless chicken served on a bun with grilled peppers and onions makes a wonderful sandwich.
- 1 lb pork chops or 1 lb steak or 1 lb boneless skinless chicken
- 1⁄3 cup tomato sauce
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup apple cider or 1⁄3 cup white vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup lime juice (of two limes)
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 -1 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Mix together all the ingredients except the meat.
- Pour the marinade over the meat. Turn the meat so that each piece is covered. Refrigerate for 2-3 hours.
- Grill the meat or bake it at 350 degrees until it is no longer pink in the center; 20-30 minutes. Baste with the remaining marinade occasionally during cooking.