Recipe by Aimchick
This recipe is tasty and delicious! I usually serve this in flour tortillas (warmed in the oven) with Mexican rice, shredded cheese, sliced olives and sour cream. Kids love this stuff because they can assemble it themselves at the table. You can make this as hot or mild as you prefer, just adjust the amount of hot sauce.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 3 teaspoons cumin
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (4 ounce) canof chopped green chilies
- 1⁄2 tablespoon hot sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- -In a large skillet, sautee onions and garlic in olive oil until translucent.
- -Add ground beef and cook on medium high heat until fully cooked.
- -Add cumin, tomatoes, and hot sauce and chilies and cover.
- -Reduce heat to medium and simmer for 30 minutes.
- -Serve in flour tortillas with cheese and rice.