Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
A spicy version of the ever popular cereal snack mixes.
- 4 cups corn flakes
- 8 cups Crispix cereal or 8 cups Chex cereal
- 3 cups corn or 3 cups tortilla chips
- 1 cup roasted peanuts
- 1⁄2 cup margarine (not low fat)
- 1⁄2 cup light corn syrup or 1⁄2 cup dark corn syrup
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees F.
- In large roasting pan combine cereals, chips and peanuts.
- In medium saucepan combine margarine, syrup, brown sugar and taco seasoning.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly.
- Pour over cereal mixture and toss gently to coat well.
- Bake 60 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Cool, stirring frequently while cooling.
- Store in tightly covered container.
- VARIATION: For a Texicali version of this spicy snack, substitute 5 Tablespoons of chili seasoning mix for the taco seasoning.