Recipe by luvcook'n
This "relish" is really a tart salad that is excellent warm, at room temp or even slightly chilled. I makes a wonderful accompaniment to grilled chicken and meats.
- 14.79 ml corn or 14.79 ml olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 473.18 ml fresh corn kernels
- 1 medium red bell pepper, diced
- 78.07 ml diced poblano chiles or 78.07 ml green bell pepper
- 29.58 ml chopped cilantro or 29.58 ml parsley
- 22.18 ml fresh lime juice or 22.18 ml white wine vinegar
- 2.46 ml salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet.
- Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally until soft, about 3 minutes.
- Add the corn and continue cooking until the onion is lightly coloured and the corn is just tender, 3 - 5 minutes.
- Scrape into a medium bowl.
- Add the red pepper, poblano chile, cilantro, lime juice and salt.
- Toss to mix.
- Serve at room temp or cover and refrigerate for up to 2 days.
- For best flavour -- serve at room temperature.