Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This "relish" is really a tart salad that is excellent warm, at room temp or even slightly chilled. I makes a wonderful accompaniment to grilled chicken and meats.
- 1 tablespoon corn or 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 cups fresh corn kernels
- 1 medium red bell pepper, diced
- 1⁄3 cup diced poblano chiles or 1⁄3 cup green bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro or 2 tablespoons parsley
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh lime juice or 1 1⁄2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet.
- Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally until soft, about 3 minutes.
- Add the corn and continue cooking until the onion is lightly coloured and the corn is just tender, 3 - 5 minutes.
- Scrape into a medium bowl.
- Add the red pepper, poblano chile, cilantro, lime juice and salt.
- Toss to mix.
- Serve at room temp or cover and refrigerate for up to 2 days.
- For best flavour -- serve at room temperature.