Recipe by Virginia Cherry Blossom
Very easy, yummy, and inexpensive. Found this in the, "Simple 1-2-3 Cookbook." If you want to make the sauce thicker, you can blend 1 tablespoon cornstarch and 2 tablespoons water until smooth and stir into cooking liquid when the ketchup, cumin, and salt is added. Hope you guys enjoy this one!
Top Review by Sher Shields
I disguised all the veggies by blending most of them up after cooking them in the crock pot and my kids never knew! Served with rice and cheese on a tortilla, was delicious!!!
- 2 medium green bell peppers (cut into thin strips)
- 1 large onion (quartered and thinly sliced)
- 4 chicken thighs
- 4 chicken drumsticks
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 (16 ounce) jar salsa (Chipotle or Picante)
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Put sliced peppers and onions in slow cooker and top with chicken.
- Sprinkle chili powder and oregano over chicken and add salsa.
- Cover and cook on low for 7 to 8 hours or on high for 2 to 3 hours.
- Remove chicken from slow cooker and place in a serving bowl to keep warm.
- Stir ketchup cumin, and salt into mixture in slow cooker. Cook, uncovered, on High 15 minutes or until hot.
- Pour mixture over top of noodles or rice.