Very easy, yummy, and inexpensive. Found this in the, "Simple 1-2-3 Cookbook." If you want to make the sauce thicker, you can blend 1 tablespoon cornstarch and 2 tablespoons water until smooth and stir into cooking liquid when the ketchup, cumin, and salt is added. Hope you guys enjoy this one!
- Put sliced peppers and onions in slow cooker and top with chicken.
- Sprinkle chili powder and oregano over chicken and add salsa.
- Cover and cook on low for 7 to 8 hours or on high for 2 to 3 hours.
- Remove chicken from slow cooker and place in a serving bowl to keep warm.
- Stir ketchup cumin, and salt into mixture in slow cooker. Cook, uncovered, on High 15 minutes or until hot.
- Pour mixture over top of noodles or rice.
I disguised all the veggies by blending most of them up after cooking them in the crock pot and my kids never knew! Served with rice and cheese on a tortilla, was delicious!!!
Wonderful flavor from the salsa (I used Pace Picante), chili, and oregano (had to sub Italian seasoning). All of this bakes into the chicken, and is plate-lickin' good. The ketchup and cumin made for a great sauce. Served with brown rice and corn. Ended up mixing sauce, rice and corn together for a fabulous "spanish rice". Can't wait for leftovers tomorrow!!!:) Made for ZWT5 Zingo!
I don't think I will be making this again. My husband said he rather eat the leftover sloppy joes I made for my daughter. It smelled so good cooking all day! It just didn't WOW us! We ate it over white rice. Update: ate the leftovers for lunch. Left out the rice and just ate it with shredded cheese, sirracha , and a dollop of sour cream. Much better!