1/7 Photos of Mexicali Chicken (Slow Cooker)
8 hrs 5 mins
Virginia Cherry Blossom's Note:
Very easy, yummy, and inexpensive. Found this in the, "Simple 1-2-3 Cookbook." If you want to make the sauce thicker, you can blend 1 tablespoon cornstarch and 2 tablespoons water until smooth and stir into cooking liquid when the ketchup, cumin, and salt is added. Hope you guys enjoy this one!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put sliced peppers and onions in slow cooker and top with chicken.
- 2Sprinkle chili powder and oregano over chicken and add salsa.
- 3Cover and cook on low for 7 to 8 hours or on high for 2 to 3 hours.
- 4Remove chicken from slow cooker and place in a serving bowl to keep warm.
- 5Stir ketchup cumin, and salt into mixture in slow cooker. Cook, uncovered, on High 15 minutes or until hot.
- 6Pour mixture over top of noodles or rice.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mexicali Chicken (Slow Cooker)
Serving Size: 1 (411 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 417.5
- Calories from Fat 195
- Total Fat 21.7 g
- Saturated Fat 6.0 g
- Cholesterol 138.0 mg
- Sodium 1526.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 13.8 g
- Protein 34.0 g