Recipe by LARavenscroft
This is a recipe that I found on ChefMD. A quick & easy stove top chicken recipe. I served this with oven roasted potatoes and asparagus.
Top Review by janellecole.bmr
Extraordinarily easy. Excellent with addition of rice and refried black beans. Did add some extra white onion and a clove of garlic with the salsa to great effect...awesome for a college student on a budget with rudimentary kitchen skills! 4 stars only because while strongly flavored, a bit one-dimensional and a little too tomato-ey.
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 1⁄2 lbs chicken thighs, skinless, bone-in (about 8 thighs)
- 1 1⁄2 cups salsa (use your favorite salsa)
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- lime wedge (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine cumin, oregano, salt and cayenne pepper.
- Rub mixture over meaty sides of chicken.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot.
- Coat with cooking spray.
- Add chicken to skillet, seasoned side down.
- Cook 5 minutes or until beginning to brown.
- Add salsa to skillet.
- Turn chicken over and cover skillet.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer 15 to 20 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Transfer to serving plates and garnish with green onions and serve with lime wedges if desired.