8 hrs 55 mins
This is a nice mild mexican dish. Marinating for 8 hours allows the flavors to permeate. Betty Crocker deserves all the credit for this recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Under cold water rinse chicken and then pat it dry.
- 2In a large frying pan add the oil and over medium heat add the chicken to the pan and brown on all sides.
- 3Drain off fat.
- 4Mix tomato sauce,chili powder,salt,tabasco,vinegar, oregano,garlic and onion.
- 5Pour this sauce over the chicken.
- 6Reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes or until the chicken is tender.
- 7Place the chicken in an ungreased covered casserole dish.
- 8Let cool.
- 9Sprinkle with the cheese;cover and put in the fridge for 8 hours.
- 10Bake at 400F for 20 minutes covered and then uncover and bake for 20 minutes more.
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mexicali Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (385 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 760.0
- Calories from Fat 512
- Total Fat 56.9 g
- Saturated Fat 21.7 g
- Cholesterol 214.5 mg
- Sodium 1386.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 53.5 g