Prep 8 hrs
Cook 55 mins
This is a nice mild mexican dish. Marinating for 8 hours allows the flavors to permeate. Betty Crocker deserves all the credit for this recipe.
- Under cold water rinse chicken and then pat it dry.
- In a large frying pan add the oil and over medium heat add the chicken to the pan and brown on all sides.
- Drain off fat.
- Mix tomato sauce,chili powder,salt,tabasco,vinegar, oregano,garlic and onion.
- Pour this sauce over the chicken.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes or until the chicken is tender.
- Place the chicken in an ungreased covered casserole dish.
- Let cool.
- Sprinkle with the cheese;cover and put in the fridge for 8 hours.
- Bake at 400F for 20 minutes covered and then uncover and bake for 20 minutes more.