Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
A Mexican-inspired way to add spice to your chicken.
- 14.79 ml Dijon mustard
- 4 (453.59 g) boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 9.85 ml olive oil
- 118.29 ml bottled salsa
- 29.58 ml fresh lime juice
- 0 ripe avocado, cubed
- 29.58 ml thinly sliced green onions (optional)
- Spread the mustard over one side of chicken breasts. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add chicken breasts, with mustard side; cook 4 minutes. Turn chicken over. Reduce heat to medium.
- Combine salsa and lime juice; spoon over and chicken and around chicken. Simmer uncovered until chicken is cooked through and sauce thickens, 6-8 minutes.
- Transfer chicken to serving plates. Cook the remaining pan juices in skillet over high heat until slightly reduced, about 30 seconds.
- Spoon juices over the chicken; top with avocado. Garnish with green onions, if desired.