Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Try this for your next Mexican meal, maybe served with some spicy rice.
Make and share this Mexicali Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- Peel and chop the onions and purée with the walnuts and garlic in a food processor.
- Cut the peppers into chunks and the chillis into thin strips.
- Peel the tomato by immersing in boiling water for a few minutes and then roughly chop into pieces.
- Fry the chicken breasts in oil, in a large frying pan, for about 5 minutes on each side, until golden brown.
- Remove from the pan and season with salt and cayenne pepper.
- Put the tomato, peppers, onion purée and chillis into the pan and pour in the chicken stock.
- Bring to the boil and season with chilli sauce, white wine vinegar, salt and cayenne.
- Reduce the heat and put the chicken on the top, cover with a lid and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Grate the cheese and sprinkle over the chicken breasts, add the lid again and turn off the heat, leave for 5 minutes until the cheese is melted.