Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Try this for your next Mexican meal, maybe served with some spicy rice.
Make and share this Mexicali Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- Peel and chop the onions and purée with the walnuts and garlic in a food processor.
- Cut the peppers into chunks and the chillis into thin strips.
- Peel the tomato by immersing in boiling water for a few minutes and then roughly chop into pieces.
- Fry the chicken breasts in oil, in a large frying pan, for about 5 minutes on each side, until golden brown.
- Remove from the pan and season with salt and cayenne pepper.
- Put the tomato, peppers, onion purée and chillis into the pan and pour in the chicken stock.
- Bring to the boil and season with chilli sauce, white wine vinegar, salt and cayenne.
- Reduce the heat and put the chicken on the top, cover with a lid and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Grate the cheese and sprinkle over the chicken breasts, add the lid again and turn off the heat, leave for 5 minutes until the cheese is melted.