Try this for your next Mexican meal, maybe served with some spicy rice.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel and chop the onions and purée with the walnuts and garlic in a food processor.
- 2Cut the peppers into chunks and the chillis into thin strips.
- 3Peel the tomato by immersing in boiling water for a few minutes and then roughly chop into pieces.
- 4Fry the chicken breasts in oil, in a large frying pan, for about 5 minutes on each side, until golden brown.
- 5Remove from the pan and season with salt and cayenne pepper.
- 6Put the tomato, peppers, onion purée and chillis into the pan and pour in the chicken stock.
- 7Bring to the boil and season with chilli sauce, white wine vinegar, salt and cayenne.
- 8Reduce the heat and put the chicken on the top, cover with a lid and simmer for 20 minutes.
- 9Grate the cheese and sprinkle over the chicken breasts, add the lid again and turn off the heat, leave for 5 minutes until the cheese is melted.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mexicali Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (433 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 556.1
- Calories from Fat 319
- Total Fat 35.5 g
- Saturated Fat 9.9 g
- Cholesterol 117.3 mg
- Sodium 356.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 8.2 g
- Protein 42.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white wine vinegar