Prep 25 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is from an chicken cookbook that my Mom had and I've used forever. This is really good!
- 1133.98-1360.77 g broiler-fryer chickens, cut up
- 29.58 ml butter
- 118.29 ml onion, chopped
- 1 medium garlic clove, minced
- 226.79 g can tomato sauce
- 177.44 ml chicken broth
- 14.79 ml vinegar
- 1.23 ml chili powder
- 118.29 ml raisins
- 118.29 ml pimento stuffed olive, sliced
- 1 green pepper, cut in strips
- In skillet, brown chicken in butter; remove chicken.
- Add onion and garlic to skillet; cook till lightly browned. Add dash, salt, and remaining ingredients except green pepper.
- Return chicken to skillet; spoon sauce over all.
- Cover; simmer 30 minutes.
- Add green pepper; cover and cook 10 minutes more.
- Serve with rice.
This is really 4 star with a bullet! The only thing we thought it needed was a little more heat.1/4 tsp chili powder just doesn't do it for us. I did have to make a substitution. Used garlic stuffed olives, as I don't particularly like pimento. Did not use the raisins, as my sister does not care for fruited main courses. Served over brown rice. Came together fairly quick. A really fine recipe for one of those "I took chicken out of the freezer, now what do I make" nights. Thnx for posting, Jim. Made for ZWT5