Recipe by Kim D.
I adopted this recipe from Recipezaar and changed the ingredients up a bit to accomodate my families taste. This is so quick and easy! Perfect for a busy weekday meal.
Top Review by SadLilCook
Not bad for such a quick meal. I chose to top it with sourcream, and I also used an entire can of corn, and added more enchilada sauce. The consistency was still fairly thick. I wish I would have added more jalapenos as well!
- 1 (15 ounce) can tamales
- 1 (10 ounce) can enchilada sauce
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1⁄2 cup frozen corn
- 2 cups coarsly crushed tortilla chips, divided
- 1 jalapeno, seeded, diced
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F.
- Spray a 7X11-inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Remove wrappers from the canned tamales.
- Slice tamales into 1-inch pieces.
- In a mixing bowl, combine sliced tamales, enchilada sauce, 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, corn, and 1 cup tortilla chips.
- Pour mixture into prepared baking dish.
- Sprinkle remaining tortilla chips and cheese on top.
- Sprinkle the top with chopped jalapeno.
- Bake, uncovered, for 35 to 40 minutes.
- You can eat this dish as is, or top with hot sauce or sour cream if desired.