Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
Simple to make, low calorie. Good. What more can you say?
- 1 lb ground beef
- 3⁄4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup drained canned mild green pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 cup flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups skim milk
- 3 eggs
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese or 4 ounces monterey jack cheese, shredded
- diced tomato, and
- shredded lettuce
- chili powder
- drained chili pepper, can be replaced with 1/3 c salsa, sauce for a juicier mixture
- Brown hamburger and onion until mixture is cooked through. Mix in chili powder, 1/2 tsp salt, pepper, green peppers OR the salsa. Mix well.
- Spray a 9 x 9 square pan with nonstick cooking spread; spread mixture evenly in bottom of pan.
- In medium mixing bowl, combine the remaining ingredients, mixing well. Beat until batter is smooth; pour over meat mixture.
- Bake 35 - 40 minutes, 350°F Sprinkle with cheese, bake another 3-4 minutes.
- Cut in squares, top with tomatoes, shredded lettuce, sour cream (if desired).