1/3 Photos of Mexi-Thai Chicken Casserole
1 hr 25 mins
This casserole has a mix between Mexican and Asian flavors! The sauce mixture can be doubled if you are using more chicken pieces. Feel free to add in other ingredients too!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 -6 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 8 chicken pieces
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- salt and pepper
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon hot chili sauce (or to taste add in another tablespoon for lots of heat!)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 (14 ounce) can coconut milk
- 1 -2 teaspoon grated lime zest
- salt and pepper
- 1Set oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Heat oil in a skillet.
- 3In a shallow bowl mix together the flour, salt and pepper.
- 4LIGHTLY coat the chicken legs and thighs in the flour (shake off any excess flour, the chicken should only be very lightly coated!) brown in hot oil on both sides (about 8 minutes per side) transfer to a casserole dish.
- 5Add in onion and garlic; saute until tender (about 5 minutes).
- 6Stir in coriander, cumin, ginger, chili sauce, soy sauce and peanut butter; stir for 1 minute.
- 7Add in coconut milk; stir to blend and simmer for 2 minutes.
- 8Pour the sauce over the chicken in the casserole.
- 9Cover with foil and cook for 25 minutes.
- 10Uncover and continue cooking for about 30 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and tender.
- 11Just before serving add in the grated lime zest.
- 12Serve with cooked rice.
Browse Our Top Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mexi-Thai Chicken Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (144 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 589.2
- Calories from Fat 385
- Total Fat 42.8 g
- Saturated Fat 21.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 649.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 10.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: