Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
A combination of cocoa, chocolate kisses, nutmeg and cinnamon to make tasty little bite sized cakes.
- 1 cup softened butter
- 3⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- 36 chocolate Hershey chocolate kisses
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine butter and powdered sugar-beat until fluffy, add vanilla mixing well, stir in flour, 1/4 Cup cocoa powder, salt and nutmeg and mix until a dough forms then add pecans.
- At this point, chill your dough for 2-4 hours.
- Form dough into 36 balls. Wrap each dough ball around a kiss, completely covering it.
- Place on a baking sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 11-14 minutes or until just set.
- While cookies are baking,combine 1 cup powdered sugar, 2 Tbsp cocoa powder and cinnamon in a bowl mixing well.
- When cookies are done, drop each one into the powdered mixture, roll to coat each cake.
- Place on a rack to cool. And then enjoy!
This is the 2nd recipe I chose to make in honor of my sweet Auntie Jan. This is honor of her birthday June 22nd. These are fantastic !!! I have to give the recipe to my elderly friend Ms Nola she is always looking for good cookie recipes. Thanks Auntie Jan