Recipe by CindiJ
My Mom made this for us when I was in High School and I've in turn made it for my sons when they were at home. This recipe doubles/triples easily and travels well.
Top Review by Ginny Sue
Easy to make on a weeknight for a quick filling dinner. In addition to the spices listed, I added about half a package of taco seasoning to the meat mixture to give it more mexican flavor. We all enjoyed this. Thanks.
- 1 lb ground chuck
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (12 ounce) package frozen hash browns, prepared
- 1 fresh tomato, sliced
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In large skillet, brown ground chuck over medium heat.
- Return cooked beef to skillet and add onion, stirring to cook onion.
- Add tomato sauce and seasonings (adjust to your taste).
- Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- In another skillet, prepare hashbrowns according to package directions.
- Place hot hash browns in bottom of 9x13 baking dish.
- Top with meat mixture.
- Arrange tomato slices over meat mixture.
- Sprinkle grated cheese over entire top and place in oven.
- Broil on high 5 minutes or until cheese bubbles.
- Serve hot.