Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This is perfect for a weekend brunch! I used the small pork breakfast sausages for this, you can most certainly use spicy or mild larger Italian sausages but you will need to remove the meat from the casings. Since we like spicy I added in some cayenne pepper to the saausage mixture, but that is optional.
- 1 lb pork sausage
- 1 small red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 small green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 -2 tablespoon garlic (optional)
- 1 (1 ounce) package fajita seasoning mix
- salt and pepper
- 2 (12 ounce) packagespillsbury ready-to-bake refrigerated buttermilk flaky biscuits
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (or use a Mexi-blend cheese)
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 400 degrees.
- Grease a 10-inch tube pan.
- In a skillet cook the sausage meat over medium heat until no longer pink; add in peppers, onion and garlic (if using) cook stirring for about 4 minutes.
- Add in fajita seasoning mix and cook for 2 minutes longer, then season with salt and pepper; drain fat very well (press the mixture between paper towels to absorb any extra fat) cool slightly.
- Separate the biscuits and slice into fourths; place the quarters in a large mixing bowl, then fold in the cooked sausage mixture tossing well to coat.
- Layer the mixture along with the shredded cheese into prepared tube pan.
- Bake for about 15-20 minutes.
- Let stand in the pan for 10 minutes then invert onto a plate to serve.
- Serve immediately.