Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
You'll feast on the feisty chili-style flavors of this addictive nut mix. From Southern Living Ultimate Book of Appetizers.
- 473.18 ml pecan halves
- 473.18 ml dry roasted salted peanuts
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 59.14 ml butter, melted
- 14.79 ml chili powder
- 4.92 ml ground red pepper
- 2.46 ml garlic powder
- 14.79 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 4.92 ml hot sauce
- Combine pecans and peanuts in an ungreased 13 x 9-inch pan.
- Combine egg white and remaining 6 ingredients in a small bowl, stirring well.
- Pour over nuts, stirring to coat.
- Bake uncovered in a 350 degree F oven for 30 minutes or until toasted.
- Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
- Store in an airtight container.
- Yield: 4 cups.
Wow...these spices sure do add an x-tra zing to everyday plain-ol nuts. I used about 2 cups of pecans and the about 2 1/2 cups of mixed nuts along with regular peanuts. These would make an especially nice gift for a man especially the MEN in this family. They loved em...thanks FN. Made for NewKids on the Block!~