I have made these many times, they are so good! ---start with the amounts listed and add in more to suit taste. If you don't have a food processor you can use a hand mixer to mix the yolks. Plan ahead the prepared eggs must chill for at least 4 hours before serving to blend flavors. I boil 14 or 15 eggs as I like to have more yolk filling, but you can use just 12 eggs if desired. You will *love* these I promise!
- 14 large hard-boiled eggs
- 1 cup finely grated cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup salad dressing (use Miracle whip salad dressing or similar, not mayo for this)
- 2 teaspoons Miracle Whip, mustard mania (optional but good to use) or 1 -2 teaspoon prepared mustard (optional but good to use)
- 1⁄4 cup medium salsa (or use mild)
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 2 -3 large green onions, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- seasoned salt and pepper (to taste)
- finely grated cheddar cheese (any amount desired for topping)
- paprika (optional)
- Drain the salsa over a fine strainer (push the liquid through the strainer with a spoon to speed up the process) set aside.
- Using a sharp knife slice the hard-boiled eggs in half.
- Carefully remove the yolks from 14 eggs and place into a food processor (save the whites from 2 eggs or just eat them lol!).
- Place the 24 egg whites halves on a plate or serving platter.
- Add in all remining ingredients except finely shredded cheddar cheese, seasoned salt and pepper; process for about 10 seconds or until smooth.
- Add in seasoned salt and pepper to taste, and process again.
- Transfer the mixture to a bowl.
- Add in 1 cup finely grated cheddar cheese and mix with a spoon until blended.
- Spoon or pipe about 1 tablespoon (or more if desired) into the egg white halves.
- Sprinkle each top of egg with some grated cheddar cheese, then sprinkle with a small amount of paprika.
- Cover the eggs with plastic wrap and refrigerate for a minumum of 4 hours before serving.