Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is the dressing I always go to when making a taco salad. I have used it on both beef and chicken taco salads. It is simple to make and tastes really good.
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Dressing
- 1⁄4 cup mild salsa
- 1 teaspoon taco seasoning
- Mix the first 4 ingredients together.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately, or refrigerate for an hour or longer so that the flavor goes through it.
I was skeptical because hidden valley ranch is nasty but I had some in the fridge to use up. I was surprised how good it was and how little it tasted like the ranch dressing. It took seconds to mix and is amazing on a homemade burrito bowl or taco salad.
This is a great dressing for taco salads! We make a similar one mixing salsa and ranch dressing only but this gives it more flavor with the taco seasoning and makes it less runny/watery with the addition of the sour cream. This will be my new taco salad dressing and is quick to mix up and serve as a dip with tortilla chips. Made for Fall 2009 PAC.