Prep 14 mins
Cook 20 mins
Easy chicken roll-ups with a Mexican flare. Posted for ZWT3.
- 1 (10 ounce) packagerefrigerated prepared pizza crust
- 4 slices monterey jack cheese
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped mild green chilies
- 1⁄2 lb fully cooked chicken strips
- 1 -2 cup finely crushed tortilla chips
- 1 teaspoon taco seasoning
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup salsa (mild or medium hot)
- 1⁄2 cup ranch dressing
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F. and line a baking sheet with foil; lightly coat foil with nonstick cooking spray.
- On a floured board roll out pizza crust into an 15x11-inch rectangle.
- Divide into four equal pieces and lay one slice of cheese on each section of crust.
- Top each with equal amounts of chilies and chicken strips. Starting at long end of dough, roll up each piece tucking and sealing ends.
- On a piece of wax paper mix tortilla chips and taco seasoning.
- Brush rolls with melted butter and roll in crushed chips mixture, pressing to adhere.
- Transfer to prepared baking sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes, until golden brown. Meanwhile, in a small bowl mix salsa and ranch dressing.
- Remove from oven and serve with salsa mixture for dipping.
I gave this 3 stars. I made this as a Thank You Review for the Camera Less Chef game. I liked this chicken and I really liked the dipping sauce. My 4 yrs newphew didn't like this though. I did not add the green chilies to his as he doesn't like to spicy things. I had a bit of trouble rolling my roll-ups so I rolled them the best I could and and they came out more like a pillow. I will make these again and for my taste I will add more cheese and chilies to the filling. I also will add more taco seasoning to the crushed tortillas. My future hubby had this for lunch and he suggested I make this with some sauce in the roll-up before rolling it up. Overall these were really good. Thanks so much! Christine (internetnut)