Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
Not the usual chex mix. I have also made with without the nuts and used it as a burger and casserole topping.
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 3 (2 7/8 ounce) cans French-fried onions
- 1 (14 ounce) can shoestring potatoes
- 1 (1 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 1 (16 ounce) jar nuts, your choice
- Melt butter in roaster pan as you preheat oven to 275.
- Mix in rest of ingredients and mix well, stirring to coat.
- Bake 45 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes.
- Remove and cool.
- Store in ziploc bag airtight.