Recipe by Happy Hippie
These yummy meatballs are baked instead of fried making them a little healthier. Credit for this goes to "Better Homes and Gardens 75 Years of All-Time Favorites" I haven't made it yet, but will be soon. Let me know what you think.
- 3⁄4 cup soft breadcrumbs (about 1 slice)
- 1⁄4 cup chili sauce, bottled
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried onion flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 lb ground beef
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the crumbs, chili sauce, egg, onion, salt and garlic powder.
- Add ground beef and mix well.
- Shape meat mixture into 30 to 32 meatballs.
- Place the meatballs on a 15-1/2"x10-1/2"x1" baking pan.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 1t to 18 minutes or until juices are no longer pink. Drain.
- Serve warm with "Creamy Guacamole Sauce" or "Spicy Chili Sauce.".
- Makes 6 to 8 appetizer servings.