2 hrs 10 mins
this is an easy side or main dish. the cheese is optional. we eat it as a main dish. I can't remember where I got the beginning of this recipe but I have adapted it so much I don't think it would be recognized anymore. I make this in a crock pot but it could be made in an oven in a covered dish at 350 degrees for 1 1/2 to 2 hours. I've never tried making it on low heat so I don't know how long for that.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 1 cup dried lentils
- 1 cup chopped onion, about 1 medium
- 32 ounces water or 32 ounces broth, of choice
- 1 -2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 (1 ounce) package taco seasoning
- 2 -8 ounces of shredded cheese
- 1spray inside of crock pot with non stick cooking spray.
- 2add all ingredients except "toppings" and mix well.
- 3cook on high for two to two and a half hours.
- 4serve topped with additional cheese, sour cream and salsa if desired.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mexi Lentil Rice
Serving Size: 1 (256 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 273.7
- Calories from Fat 26
- Total Fat 2.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 6.0 mg
- Sodium 97.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.6 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 12.5 g