Top Review by bmcnichol
This was OK for us. I followed the recipe as written other then I didn't add the jalapeno as I am not a fan. I also used ground beef and used a packet of taco seasoning instead of the Perfectly Seasoned Taco Meat. We did add some salt and pepper to the mixture but it just seemed to be missing something for us.
- 2 lbs ground beef, use Perfectly Seasoned Taco Meat, Perfectly Seasoned Taco Meat
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomato puree
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, drained
- 2 green bell peppers, thinly sliced
- 1 large jalapeno, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 lb pasta, cooked about 3/4 done
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Add tomato puree and black beans to double batch of Recipe #217644, Perfectly Seasoned Taco Meat. Simmer a few minutes and then remove from heat.
- In a large baking dish (mine is about 15" x 10") layer as follows: 1/2 portion of meat bean sauce, partially cooked pasta, 1/2 portion of meat bean sauce, 1/2 portion of green and jalapeno peppers, cheese, and top with remaining green and jalapeno peppers.
- Bake in 350 deg F oven for 40 minutes covered with foil. Remove foil and bake additional 5 minutes.