1/2 Photos of Mexi Ground Beef-Rice Skillet
This is quite tasty, the jalapeno pepper is only optional I like to add in for extra heat, Italian sausages with the casings removed may be used in place of the ground beef or use ground turkey, I also like to add in some cooked crumbled bacon or smoked dry sliced sausage but that is only optional :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 -2 tablespoon fresh minced garlic
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 -2 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning mix (can use more to taste)
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth (can use water)
- 1 small zucchini, diced (about 4 cups)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cups frozen corn or 1 1/2 cups peas
- 1 1/2 cups instant Minute Rice
- 1 -2 teaspoon seasoning salt (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper (or to taste)
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided (you may use more cheese)
- 1In a medium 4-quart heavy pot over medium heat cook the ground beef or sausage meat with onion, garlic, bell pepper and jalapeno pepper; cook until browned then drain fat.
- 2Add in the taco seasoning mix with a wooden spoon until well combined.
- 3Add in all remaining ingredients except the cheese; stir with a wooden spoon to combine and bring to a simmer over medium heat. Reduce heat to medium-low or low.
- 4Cover and simmer for 25 minutes or until the rice is tender.
- 5Season with seasoned salt and pepper.
- 6Mix in 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese until melted, the sprinkle the top with 1 cup; let stand for 5 minutes until melted.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mexi Ground Beef-Rice Skillet
Serving Size: 1 (280 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 496.6
- Calories from Fat 224
- Total Fat 24.9 g
- Saturated Fat 12.6 g
- Cholesterol 90.9 mg
- Sodium 1117.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 5.6 g
- Protein 29.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: