Recipe by True Texas
From the Tabasco recipe website. This is a good alternative to chili topping. I think the next time I will increase the pepper sauce just a tiny bit. I used Johnsonville Brats since we like them so much, but franks would be good, too.
- 1 lb frankfurters or 1 lb knockwurst
- 1 (12 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 2 tablespoons pickle relish
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1⁄4 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon original tabasco brand pepper sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder or 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- hot dog buns or roll
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut frankfurters lengthwise, being careful not to cut completely through. Place on grill and cook until browned on both sides.
- Meanwhile, combine all remaining ingredients except buns in a small saucepan and simmer 10 to 15 minutes. Serve frankfurters in buns with corn relish spooned down middle.