1/8 Photos of Mexi Eggs-In-A-Hole
I've been craving some simple egg recipes and this one is good and just a little different. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Spread butter evenly on both sides of bread slices. Cut a circle from center of each slice, using a 2 to 3-inch round cutter. Centers can be cut from bread slices using a glass with a 2 to 3-inch diameter or a biscuit cutter.
- 2Place 2 bread slices in large nonstick skillet with ovenproof handle(To make handle ovenproof, wrap it completely in aluminum foil), then heat to medium. Break egg shell gently and slip an egg into center of each slice. Cook until bottoms of eggs are set, 2 to 3 minutes; gently turn over. Cook until egg whites are completely set and yolks begin to thicken but are not hard.
- 3Bread centers can be pan-toasted separately and eaten along with eggs-in-a-hole.
- 4Sprinkle 1 tablespoons cheese onto each bread slice.
- 5Broil 4 inches from heat just until cheese is melted, about 1 minute. Repeat to cook remaining eggs. Serve with salsa.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mexi Eggs-In-A-Hole
Serving Size: 1 (144 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 338.0
- Calories from Fat 124
- Total Fat 13.8 g
- Saturated Fat 6.8 g
- Cholesterol 207.5 mg
- Sodium 584.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 15.8 g