Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
This makes a great weekend brunch, don't omit the baking powder, it makes the eggs light and fluffy, adjust the Tabasco or hot sauce to taste :)
- 12 large eggs, slightly beaten
- Tabasco sauce (to taste) or louisiana hot sauce (to taste)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon baking powder (this will make the eggs very fluffy)
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt (or use white salt)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper (or to taste)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, seeded and chopped (use green or red)
- 1 1⁄2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese (or use cheddar)
- In a medium bowl combine eggs with Tabasco, baking powder, salt and black pepper.
- In a large skillet melt butter over medium-high heat.
- Add in onion, bell pepper and fresh mushrooms; cook until tender.
- Add in the chiles and egg mixture; cook stirring until the eggs just begin to set.
- Sprinkle the cheese over the eggs.
- Cover and cook until the eggs are JUST set (do not over cook the eggs).
I love this! Super easy to make and so good! I half all the ingredients as there's only hubby and me and it still makes a lot. Will be making this again and again. Thank you, Kitten!
I made this for Sunday breakfast. It has great flavor and easy to make. Do try this great recipe.
Fabulous! Will make this often, it had so much flavor and was better than Denny's scramble skillets! mine didn't look nice bc i used portobellos and they along with the green from the chilis turned my yellow eggs a greeny brown so next time wil be white mushrooms. The flavor was wild though.