Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Mexi-Corn Pudding is full of color and flavor. It is great as a side dish to go along with Tacos or any Mexican Dish.
- 2 cups Mexican-style corn
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons flour
- 2 teaspoons diced green chilies
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄8 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup milk
- Combine corn, flour, green chilies, sugar, salt, cumin and chili powder in a medium bowl, stir well.
- Beat eggs, stir in cheese and milk.
- Add to corn mixture, stirring to combine.
- Pour mixture into a 1 quart baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Place dish in a 13 x 9 x 2 inch baking pan, pour hot water into pan to a depth of 1 inch.
- Bake, uncovered at 350 degrees for 1 hour or until a knife inserted in center comes out clean.
This is a very easy recipe to put together and it turned out just as I hoped it would. The only problem was that I didn't double it, so it was gone quickly. The only change I made to the recipe was minor: I used cream rather than milk. I also had to cook it about 10 minutes longer. Great recipe Missy, thanks for sharing it.
Very good..only change we would of made was to spice it up a bit more..everyone enjoyed it..Thanks
This is absolutley delicious. The only changes I made, since we watch our weight, was I used 2% milk. It was perfect and I could have eaten the whole thing. I served it with Chorizo stew found on Gails Recipe Swap. A great combination. This is a winner.