Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
You may adjust the pimento, chilie and onion amount to taste, also if desired add in 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder :).
- 1 1⁄4 cups yellow cornmeal
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 2 eggs
- 2⁄3 cup buttermilk
- 6 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 cup whole kernel corn
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese (or more if desired)
- 1⁄4 cup shredded monterey jack pepper cheese
- 1⁄4 cup diced pimento
- 1⁄4 cup sauteed diced onion
- 1⁄4 cup diced chile (Ortega is good)
- Set oven to 350 degrees F.
- Prepare greased muffin tins.
- Mix the first 6 dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Whisk in sour cream.
- Blend in eggs, then buttermilk and melted butter.
- Add the remaining ingredients; mix well.
- Add to dry ingredients.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin tins.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until golden brown.
These were OK. I was hoping for a lot of flavor, but found myself really disappointed. The only flavor I could taste was the chiles. I think I'll stick with Jiffy.