Recipe by Mexikolla
Whole wheat pancakes that are truly fluffy & delicious! Semi-sweet chocolate & cinnamon are a fresh twist on the traditional whole wheat pancake. Always a hit with my toddlers & my hubby.
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons white flour
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter (Melted)
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup semisweet mini chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- In larger bowl mix dry ingredients together, whole wheat flour, white flour, baking powder, cinnamon, & kosher salt.
- Smaller bowl mix together melted butter, eggs, milk & honey.
- Add liquids to dry ingredient bowl until moistened.
- Pour 1/4 cup batter on lightly greased (or non-stick) griddle heated over medium high heat. Sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon of Mini Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips on uncooked side.
- When bubbles to rise to the uncooked side of the pancake, they are ready to be flipped.
- Flip pancakes and cook for a minute or so longer.