Recipe by ~Bekah~
A nice easy recipe, perfect for lunch or a light supper. Also could be used as a appetizer.
Top Review by Ms B.
I made this for a quick and snacky type lunch on a Sunday afternoon. I used the smaller, store-brand homestyle biscuits. This made the wraps the perfect snacky size. If I were to serve this as a meal, I would use the larger Grand version of the biscuits and add a tossed salad side for a complete meal. We topped these with sour cream and my homemade salsa (which is also what I used to mix with the cheese and chicken). Hubby loved them. He loaded tortilla chips with the extra filling as a pre-lunch snack while the wraps were baking. These are even easy enough to throw together when friends drop by for a few drinks. I usually have all of the ingredients on hand, too...which is a great bonus.
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup diced onion
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (we also like monteray jack)
- 1 1⁄3 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 2 (24 ounce) packages refrigerated biscuits
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F Lightly grease baking sheet.
- Heat oil in medium skillet.
- Add onion; cook 5-10 minutes or until tender.
- Add salsa and cheese; cook over low heat until cheese is melted.
- Stir in chicken.
- Roll each biscuit into 4-inch circle.
- Place chicken mixture down center of each biscuit; fold two opposite edges over filling (like a taco shell).
- Secure biscuits shut using wooden toothpicks.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until biscuits are golden brown.
- Great with sour cream, extra salsa or guacamole to dip Enjoy!