Recipe by *Parsley*
A crock pot recipe, but could easily be adapted to stovetop or even the oven.
Top Review by Heydarl
This a little milder than we would normally prefer, but was easy to make & a pleasant meal. I added the corn in the last 20 mins, then added the sour cream, which I mixed with plain flour to stop it splitting. Served with leftover Mexican Take Out Arroz Rojo (Red Rice) for a tasty, easy dinner. Made for ZWT5 by a fellow Hell's Kitchen Angel.
- 907.18-1133.98 g boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into about 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 236.59 ml diced onion
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and cut very small
- 236.59 ml frozen corn, can use canned
- 9.85 ml cumin
- 1.23-2.46 ml chili powder
- 2.46 ml garlic powder
- 14.79-29.58 ml chopped fresh cilantro
- 113.39 g can diced green chilies
- 425.24 g jar mild salsa, can use hot if you can take it
- 425.24 g can tomato sauce
- 118.29 ml light sour cream
- 236.59 ml shredded cheddar cheese
- warm flour tortilla (optional)
- hot cooked rice (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place chicken pieces in bottom of the slow cooker.
- Add all remaining ingredients EXCEPT the shredded cheese.
- Cover and cook on low for about 7 hours.
- Stir in the shredded cheese. Cover for about 15 minutes to let melt. Stir again.
- Serve with warm tortillas or over rice.