A crock pot recipe, but could easily be adapted to stovetop or even the oven.
Make and share this Mexi Chicken Stew recipe from Food.com.
- 2 -2 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into about 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 cup diced onion
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and cut very small
- 1 cup frozen corn, can use canned
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 -2 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 1 (15 ounce) jar mild salsa, can use hot if you can take it
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 cup light sour cream
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- warm flour tortilla (optional)
- hot cooked rice (optional)
- Place chicken pieces in bottom of the slow cooker.
- Add all remaining ingredients EXCEPT the shredded cheese.
- Cover and cook on low for about 7 hours.
- Stir in the shredded cheese. Cover for about 15 minutes to let melt. Stir again.
- Serve with warm tortillas or over rice.