1/2 Photos of Mexi Chicken Stew
7 hrs 10 mins
A crock pot recipe, but could easily be adapted to stovetop or even the oven.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 -2 1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into about 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 cup diced onion
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and cut very small
- 1 cup frozen corn, can use canned
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 -2 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 1 (15 ounce) jar mild salsa, can use hot if you can take it
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup light sour cream
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- warm flour tortilla (optional)
- hot cooked rice (optional)
- 1Place chicken pieces in bottom of the slow cooker.
- 2Add all remaining ingredients EXCEPT the shredded cheese.
- 3Cover and cook on low for about 7 hours.
- 4Stir in the shredded cheese. Cover for about 15 minutes to let melt. Stir again.
- 5Serve with warm tortillas or over rice.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mexi Chicken Stew
Serving Size: 1 (411 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 462.8
- Calories from Fat 98
- Total Fat 10.9 g
- Saturated Fat 5.8 g
- Cholesterol 114.2 mg
- Sodium 1264.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.7 g
- Sugars 8.2 g
- Protein 46.6 g